Currently, Josh is the Chief Investment Officer at TrueCode Capital a a risk-first quantitative hedge fund that strives to help family offices and high net-worth individuals preserve and grow family wealth by managing risk on the world’s most exciting assets.
- Developing a risk-first cryptocurrency fund designed to preserve and grow family wealth
- Applying multi-factor machine learning models to optimize portfolios
- Creating comprehensive risk-management models to manage the hidden risks of the emerging cryptocurrency asset class
Prior to founding TrueCode Capital, Josh held a wide variety of senior positions including:
Founder and President at Tempo Lending
Developed and managed private real estate debt portfolio
- Managed private debt portfolio to return IRR in excess of 15%
- Developed algorithmic valuation model to automate screening of potential deals
- Created systematic due diligence approach to assess risk contribution of each deal
Angel Investor and Interim CTO for CoreCPM
A startup digital marketing firm specializing in display advertising brokering and real-time bidding. In his role Josh developed low latency advertising bid optimization technologies processing 60k qps (queries per second) and managed the technology team and supervised the financial reporting for acquisition.
- Coordinated hiring process between legal and HR for H1B employees
- Managed development of self-service demand-side platform for real-time bidding advertising
- Created analytics dashboard with revenue attribution engine using Ruby on Rails
- Developed low-latency tracking ad server in Golang for revenue and fraud monitoring
COO and CTO for Engage Traffic, LLC.
A performance-driven digital marketing company specializing in PPC marketing. Joshua co-founded the firm and grew the company to $30M annually, reduced technology costs by 80%, and created a distributed technology team that reduced payroll by 60%. Developed PPC bid optimization technologies, anomaly detection.
- Scaled technology systems to support $30MM in sales growth over two years
- Architected low-latency LAMP hosting architectures to reduce CPC by 25%
- Developed Golang and ZeroMQ caching layers to eliminate latency in lead posting systems
- Designed revenue attribution system to monitor KPIs across clients and campaigns
- Architected cloud-native microservice architecture with CloudFormation, Lambda, API Gateway
- Automated JAM stack deployments with AWS CloudFormation, CloudFront, Elasticache, and S3
CTO Landing Media
Boutique digital marketing company specializing in payper-click (PPC) marketing. Hired as a senior software engineer to bring the analytics systems up to date, Josh was promoted to CTO where he achieved several key results: he designed system architectures to enable the business to grow to a top 5 independent Google advertiser, overhauled the network architecture to improve security and scale from $1M to $10M in sales and created a low-latency environment leading to a 90% reduction in missed revenue from lost clicks.
- Developed bid automation / revenue management system to boost revenue by 20%
- Managed real-time revenue attribution system and applied anomaly detection methods
- Created keyword clustering technologies with OpenNLP to improve campaign quality scores
- Negotiated data center connections to reduce downtime by 80% and secured with VPN
- Managed self-service project for automated ad placements on the Google AdWords PPC network
- Designed security-hardened and performance-optimized virtual deployments with 99.9% uptime
Josh’s deep ability to synthesize various elements for business growth stem from his two-decade long background in emerging technology and quantitative research with a focus on:
- Computing and information technologies
- Financial engineering
- Revenue management
- Risk Management
- Stochastic models
In addition to his work as a C-suite executive, Josh has served as an advisory board member, angel investor, and mentor for various venture clubs and accelerators and has invested in a diverse group of companies, including:
BitsWhirl Ltd (Hong Kong) - Cryptocurrency arbitrage firm grown to a 10x valuation.
Engage Traffic - Grown to $30MM/yr.
CoreCPM - Grown to $2MM run rate.
Josh received his BS in Computer Science from Pittsburg State University and his Master of Science, Engineering Management from the University of Kansas. He is a member in good standing with SIAM - Society for Industrial & Applied Mathematics. In his spare time, works as a volunteer at Habitat for Humanity and the Rotary Club of Denver Mile High.